Monday, July 4, 2011

 June Bugs

I over did it… as usual just because I can do something… doesn't mean I have time to!  This is a tough concept for me, because really who wouldn't want to do everything?!  But the last few months of spring kicked my trash.  So I took care of the things I promised I'd do, and then once school was out I've spent my time playing with my kids.
Pure silly bliss!!!   
I've also be slaving away in the yard.   Last summer I completely neglected it.  So this summer I've been paying for my lack of weeding.  However it has been fabulous!  
There is something magical about blossoms, earth and fresh air!   
We released a bag of 2000 lady bugs into the garden a couple nights ago.  To be honest I gave into my kids relentless "please…please….PLEASE" as they goggled at the bag of bugs on the counter at the nursery.  I'm so glad I submitted to their begging, in fact I'm thinking it may be a nice independence weekend tradition.  Ride liked the idea of it but once one of those red polka dotted beauties crawled onto her little hand she flipped!  But Momo and Scooter were in crawling critter heaven.
  Little blushing lady bugs…. EVERYWHERE!  
After we had a dessert of frosted patriotic sugar cookies on the porch and then went through a bag of those charcoal growing and glowing snake fireworks, my kids love those messy things.
...to all of you fabulous followers, and also to all the lady bugs in my garden!

P.S.  Stay tuned, I'm back playing in my studio too!!!

8 comments:

  1. Fun! My children would adore all those ladybugs. Wishing you a fabulous Independence Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those lady bugs are adorable! And wow those are big cookies! They make me very hungry! Happy 4th to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are back!! I love the lady bugs. Super darling kids! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely Anj!! So nice to see your back blogging!! I have missed it and look forward to more of your gorgeous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pic of the kids- love the ladybugs. so glad to see you blogging again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. P.S. I pinned your blog as one of my faves on Pinterest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anj those sugar cookies look delicious! I want one. You are truly amazing. You've inspired me to make sugar cookies, which is huge considering my "I don't care attitude" I've had lately. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pic of the handful of ladybugs! I came over through a photo of yours someone pinned on Pinterest. I'm so glad I did! You have a delightful blog.

    Cindy at Rosehaven Cottage

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like a giant blog tip jar. Not necessary, but they sure make me feel good. Thanks for your thoughts!