Thursday, October 4, 2012

 Hap~PEA Birthday "PEA" J Party


A confession… Scooters actual birthday was months ago.  I had the party planned.  Most of the goodies purchased but I starting feeling sick.   Really sick.  I got up everyday, put a smile on my face and got through by a hair.  I couldn't quite get the energy I needed to put the party together.  Then we discovered the problem.  It was nothing major, but it did require a couple of surgeries to fix.  Finally after the surgeries and recuperation I felt like me again.  At this time it was the beginning of August and I decided to spend more quality, not sick anymore, time with my littles before they headed back to school.  As well it appears a small tornado had dropped right into the middle of my home.  It's amazing what happens to a home when Mom is sick.  So as soon as school started up again, and we could see the floor again, I jumped into party planning mode.  And finally… we had her birthday party.  I'm so grateful she is patient with her mommy.  I'm also glad I didn't shy away from finishing it just because time had passed.  We had so much fun!
A while back I posted my daughters 
My oldest daughter expressed how much she wanted a P.J. party for a birthday.  She also wanted to use the Bed Table.  That's when this idea was born.  I secretly love the idea too.  Simply because she turned 10, and I know pretty soon the days of princesses will be gone.  They will be replaced with boy bands, fashion, head phones and text messages Sniff.   
I want to keep her young as long as I can.
Ahem... no I don't live on "Happy Lane".  My daughters name isn't really Scooter either, that's a nickname. :)  I changed this one for blogging purposes.
The inside read
Hear ye Hear ye
You are cordially invited to attend a...
Hap"Pea" Birthday
"Pea" J Party
Honoring
Princess Scooter
Your presence is requested at the 
Snow Castle
1234 Happy Lane
Saturday the 22nd of September
From 6:00 until 8:30 p.m.
R.S.V.P.
Pretty "Peas"
Wear your "Pea"J's!

So this is literally 5 twin mattresses/box springs stacked on top of each other.  (We raided all of the beds in the house).  I made sure the bottom mattress was a heavy box spring. The top mattress is a box spring as well, but it was pretty light weight.  We added a piece of particle board on top of it.  It gave it a solid flat surface for the plates and such. It was actually quite stable.  We didn't let the kids go climbing on it or anything.  I was a little worried that the girls wouldn't like standing around the table as opposed to sitting.  But they loved it. I think they enjoyed it because it was so different from the norm.  Standing to eat, their food on a bed!  Cute girls.
It's nice to be able to use something I've already made in another party.  Who knows where else the headboard will show up.
My husband is such a good sport.  I'm so grateful for a guy that just smiles when I say 
"So, ummm, I have this idea…"  
He was so helpful in moving all of the furniture for me.  Thanks hun.
I hung Martha Stewart Green accordion lanterns as a fun detail above the bed.
 


The Cake  
I made a little cake topper that say's "Pea"ce of cake on it.  And of course the inside had to be filled with "peas."  I used my polka dot cake technique to get the affect. Here is a link to the tutorial.
It was hilarious.  The girls literally gasped when I cut it open.  One little girl said "Oh no, I forgot my phone, can you take a photo for my mom."  She loves to bake, and was pretty impressed with it. 
 
We also had "Sugar Peas"! Cake balls dipped in green candy melts.  Topped with sanding sugar.
The Stewarts key lime sodas were labeled Slee-"Pea" Potion.  
I trimmed the edges with this Martha Stewart scallop edger punch
The straws had Zzzzz flags attached to  them.
Then for the ice cream… I made these little crown wraps to fit around these little dessert cups.  I picked mine up from walmart for $1.98 a piece.  Here is a link to purchase them on Amazon.  Then we filled them with lime sherbet.  I used a melon baller before hand to make the sherbet into "peas" (I stored them in ziplock baggies and then poured them into the dishes when it was serving time).  And p.s. pouring the Stewarts key lime soda on top (the Slee"Pea" potion) of the sherbet was a hit.  
They were like little lime floats.  Yummers.
Hap~Pea Birthday Banner
 Shhhhh Banner on the door to welcome the guests. 
I wrote a little poem and had it printed up.

Tuck me in and turn out the light.
Sing songs, then kiss me goodnight.

Another glass of water, a trip to the loo.
Sadly none of these attempts will do.

I'll toss and squirm and kick and fight.
It really isn't that late tonight.

For try as I will, I can't sleep you see.
It's not my fault, it's the princess in me!

It looked sweet on the party favor display.
Our activities…
I divided the girls into three groups.  
Then we rotated each group from activity to activity.
Twinkle Toes~ Painted glitter toes on the girls
Princess Slippers~  We decorated flip flops with fabric strips.
Sleeping Queens~ A cute card game we played.  You can find it here… Sleeping Queens.

I snagged these green ball favor containers from Party City.  
Here is a link Green Party Favor Balls.
I sprayed (the green side) with spray adhesive, added green glitter, and sealed it with a clear gloss top coat (to keep the glitter from getting everywhere).
 Then I filled them with all sorts of round green candies, added ribbon and a "Sweet Pea" tag. 

I made each girl a small pillow & sleeping mask.  
I was going to make blankets… but honestly I found these at Ikea and it was worth it to just purchase them.  I added a paper crown that wrapped around each blanket.  
The girls were over the moon with their favors.  They were talking about putting the blanket and pillow on their bed, picking out the pillow that would best match their room decor.  Honestly, Scooter has such cutie pie friends.  I loved having them over. 

 I learned my lesson from the night owl party.  This time I have everything available as printable downloads in my etsy shop now.  Last time I kept you waiting… oops.  
Here is the link…  
Sweet Dreams!
anj.

31 comments:

  1. My daughter and I are looking through this fantastic party in awe. What talent you have for making a perfect party. I'm so sad to know you've been suffering, and hope that your recovery is rapid and happy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This has to be the cutest birthday party I have EVER seen!! Absolutely perfect. Every last detail. Great job, you are one talented lady!!!
    Taylor
    www.theplumverbena.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both! It was so much fun! I'm feeling much better now, thank you for your sweet concern Chris! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anj you did it again!! This is just so adorable - down to every little detail!! You are so so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing- as ALWAYS! you do such amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When I first saw your bed on Pinterest, it had two ends. I thought they were chairs from a Mad Hatter's tea party. If you need to recycle, you could do this idea for another birthday. The details were fabulous for this party. I loved the candy balls especially served on little pillows. Could you give directions on the eye masks?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a beautiful party - what lucky littles you have! I always love to see what you post but most of all I'm glad to hear you are feeling better. It's lousy to feel so bad and not understand why - glad things are better for you now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks guys!
    The eye masks were super easy. I came up with a simple drawing (like a kidney bean shape) on paper. I sized it to fit my daughter. Then I used it as a pattern. I cut two pieces for each mask. The top was printed fabric, the bottom a cozy fleece. (The same fabrics I used for the pillows). I cut the top piece out smaller and with pinking sheers. Then I pinned them together. Then I took a piece of elastic (again I used my daughter to determine the length) and placed one end of the elastic in-between the two fabrics on one end, then pinned. Then I did it again on the other end and pinned. Then I just stitched about a 1/4" inch stitch around the printed fabric and it attached the whole thing together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this party! Your details are just fabulous!! What a lucky bunch of girls.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, that looks amazing. Pretty sure I would not have time to pull that off though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just think you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow WOW TOOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely adorable. I love the bed.

    ReplyDelete
  14. All I can say is you are so creative!!! My girl came home telling me about all the fun she had and all the cute decorations! You are amazing! Everything looks out of a magazine! And just that you know one of her party favors - the small pillow is part of my decor now in our piano room. Yeah I don't have that talent of sewing and creating, but I sure get to appreciate talent. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so good blog heaving a great collection of fun specially for kids. My little son so happy after seeing this party decorations.
    Kids birthday party Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another brilliant party, Anj! Every detail is stunning and picking a favorite one is too hard 'cuz I love them all! Love and adore the magical memory you created for Scooter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous job Anj! I love your attention to detail! It's truly amazing! What a wonderful gift you have given sweet Scooter! Such priceless memories!!!!
    So glad you are feeling better and that they were able to tell you what was wrong!!!!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing....
    You are so talented and I love reading your blog. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I know this goes without saying but this is amazing. Truly Amazing! What a lucky young girl to have such an extravagant party. I am pinning the cake, hope you don't mind. So cute. I need to come back to read up on how you did the polka dots. SO amazing. SO happy to have found your lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So so beautiful. You always amaze me with your creativity and talent. Love the cake, the bed and all the details. Most of all I love the pea with the crown , so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I can't stop looking through this you did such a fabulous job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Are you even kidding me Anj ?? Ahhhh mazing!! I think our girls need to be friends :) They do have the same birthday remember :) It was so great seeing you today! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are kidding me! This is too much! How adorable! I am so inlove with your party ideas. And I LOVE that you reused the "headboard" from your Owl Party!
    LOVE!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loooove this party! You are amazing! I am doing an Princess and the Pea party for my 6 year old this coming year (how I stumbled across your blog) - and if you are interested in selling any of your party stuff I am seriously interested in buying! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I LOVE this! I found your blog by finding polka dot cakes elsewhere on the internet and the search led me here. Your whole party is adorable. I also think it's great you used those favor balls from Party City, I used them too for my son's bubble party, they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is so stinking adorable! I found my way here by way of my discovery of polka dot cakes. Love the whole party! I also think it's great you've also found the favor balls at Party City. I used them for my son's bubble themed birthday party favors and they were a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anonymous2/09/2013

    WOW! WOW!! What an amazing and unique party! I'd love to feature you if you are interested. Email me pics at atozebranancy@gmail.com
    Thank you! Awesome job! Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  28. quando me deparei com este blog pensei: meu Deus, encontrei o paraíso aqui!ele é simplesmente MARAVILHOSO, E VC É SIMPLESMENTE SUPER CAPRICHOSA, CRIATIVA E DE MUITO BOM GOSTO.estou impressionada, assim como você amo festas, sempre fiz as festinhas das minhas sobrinhas, e vivo em busca de novidades, e você com seu blog era tudo que eu precisava para me inspirar mais e mais. PARABÉNS!!!é tudo muito lndo, você merece todos os elogios.um abraço e fica com Deus.

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  30. OMGoodness, looks like the best birthday party ever!! You are very talented!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love the sleep masks! Did you use a specific pattern to make them?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like a giant blog tip jar. Not necessary, but they sure make me feel good. Thanks for your thoughts!