Sunday, November 22, 2009

 Root beer & Proclamations


2 (ish) a.m.
“MOM, I can’t find my root beer.”

Last night I needed to pick up a couple things from the Mac counter. So we decided to make a family night of it and go to the Cheese Cake factory. It was crazy… the holidays are definitely here. They forgot our appetizer (lettuce wraps…sigh) and about half way through our meal Ride noticed she never got her root beer. We reported the second discrepancy of the night to our waitress and finally, as she brought us our dessert menus Ride got her root beer. Within minutes of taking a sip of it she was asleep on the bench. When the dessert arrived,
I attempted to rise her, she was more interested in sleeping than the sugary goodness that sat on the table.So the rest of us shared the slice of cheesecake
(white chocolate raspberry) while she napped.

I brought the root beer home along with the leftovers. Ride knew this… and that is why at 2 in the morning she decided she had a hankering for root beer.
Apparently she couldn’t find it and woke me up distressed and teary eyed over the situation.

After assuring my (almost) 5 year old that the root beer that had eluded her was in fact in the fridge, hiding behind the black boxes, she returned to bed. And then Momo was up. Crying and COUGHING. He sounded terrible.
 I got him a bottle and finally returned to bed. Hallelujah.

So this morning as J was up getting ready for his early morning church meetings I laid in bed and thought…“I think Momo is too sick for church.” But then I thought that perhaps my opinion might be skewed by the long night and my desire to not get out of bed. I couldn’t be an impartial judge of my thoughts. Then J walked in… "Momo is too sick for church, don't bring him.”
 Oh good, it was nice to be reassured that my bed
was not the one winning that battle.

So I’m home and now updating my blog…

HAPPY THANKSGIVING WEEK!
I thought about posting pictures of my thanksgiving decorations but they’re kinda lame. I’ve just never really gotten pumped about decorating for it. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful but I’d rather start prepping for Christmas post Halloween.
Anyway I’m most grateful for my little family so I’m posting a picture of this…



Nope that’s not vinyl. I wrote The Family A Proclamation on our wall. It measures about 7' x 4'. I'm thinking I want to add a frame around it. Another project to add to my list. The best part is that it only cost me about 10 bucks…I went through a few brown markers. I swear my right hand still hasn’t recovered.

Oh and I let Ride enjoy her root beer 
at 8 am this morning. 
(That's better than 2 am, right)?

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! That is so incredibly beautiful! I bet it took you hours to do...well worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate it when Garrett wakes me up at 2 a.m. teary eyed claiming he can't find his rootbeer, and you would be shocked how often that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11/25/2009

    This reminds me of the book "Knuffle Bunny Too: A Case of Mistaken Identity". My favorite part is, "Trixie's dad tried to explain what '2:30 a.m.' means" because he has to help his daughter find her bunny in the middle of the night. Don't we all have those moments when we try to explain 2:30 a.m. to our kids?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are like a giant blog tip jar. Not necessary, but they sure make me feel good. Thanks for your thoughts!